Monday, May 19, 2014

Firemen


 
Firemen and Draven St. James
 
 
     Many of us have fantasies involving the hot, sexy fireman coming to our rescue. We imagine this hero bursting through the door, picking us up, and carrying us out to safety. And then we imagine him declaring his undying love for us. Sigh!!! Sorry!! Where was I? Oh yes. I admit to having that fantasy and  picture him looking a bit like this:
 
 
     Thanks to the fabulous author, Draven St. James, I can live the fantasy of sexy firemen falling in love with her "Firehouse Six" series. I am such a fan of them!! Tomorrow she releases the latest book in that series, "Fused By Fire". If you've read the first two books, you have already met Simon and Michael. Now is your chance to get to know them better as this is their book. Will they find their way to love? I can't wait to find out tomorrow!! Hope everyone has a great day!! **HUGS** <3
 
 



Fused by Fire
by
Draven St. James


Release Date: May 20th



Blurb



Michael prides himself on being the man that everyone can depend on until one of his firefighters is severely wounded on the job. Will he be allowed to process the situation alone? Not when a loud and persistent Simon Winters shows up on his doorstep. The man hasn't met a boundary he didn't skip across.

Simon has had the biggest crush on Lieutenant Firefighter, Michael Donovan since the first day he saw him. Which just happened to be at an interview for a job to work as a firefighter. Before his desire to lick the gruff older man from head to toe affects his work, Simon transfers over to being a paramedic. Just when he's begun to build a life that doesn't include hot shower fantasies of Michael, the object of his angst is thrust into his path.

All too quickly, Simon begins to barrel through Michael's defenses and dig up the desires Michael has fought so hard to hide. As passions flare out of control, tragedies collide from every side. Michael's struggle to keep Simon at a distance starts to crumble beneath the weight of the secrets that Simon is hiding. Will Michael be able to protect Simon when he needs it the most or will he lose Simon forever?



Excerpt


The muffled thud of shoes came from the front deck. He wasn’t expecting a delivery, so that left one of his many unwanted visitors. A knock followed shortly after. He glared at the door and picked up the book again.

Another knock, this one much harder.

"Michael, I know you’re in there." Simon’s words filtered into the house.

Michael stood and stared at the door. What the hell was Simon doing here? Out of everyone, he hadn’t expected him.

"Come on. Don’t think I won’t make a scene." Simon’s voice got progressively louder.

Michael’s heart thumped.

"I did warn you," Simon said in a singsong fashion.

What? Michael took a step closer to the door.

"I can’t believe you’re doing this to us," Simon yelled for the whole damn neighborhood to hear. "After all I sacrificed for you, you just use me and throw me aside!"

Michael’s mouth dropped open. Oh, the Newmans were going to have joint heart attacks, and Mr. Benson was going to record this for YouTube.

"I gave you my virginity," Simon screeched. "And you—"

Michael threw open the door and jerked Simon inside the house.

"What the hell are you thinking?" Michael snarled as he slammed the door.

"I’m thinking I not only got you to open the door but got inside your house." Simon’s dark green eyes sparkled. "But seeing how things look"—his nose wrinkled—"that might not be a good thing. It looks like Animal House exploded in here."

Michael glanced around the room and grimaced before settling his attention on Simon. Did the man have to look so sexy?

He mentally smacked himself upside the head. This was Simon, not a potential conquest.

Simon had also seen him at his most vulnerable. He’d cried on the guy.

"Are you single-handedly supporting the pizza industry?" Simon asked as he ventured around, peeking in the boxes and cringing. "Nothing is going to climb out, right?"

"Ha, ha, ha." Michael’s face heated in embarrassment. Just another part of himself he’d prefer Simon not see.




Links


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/draven.stjames

Blog: http://dravenstjames.wordpress.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/DravenStJames

Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/dravenstjames/

Email: Dravenstjames@gmail.com



 

 



16 comments:

  1. This does look like a fun series.. Do you have a favorite couple from this series?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kari! It's a great series! So far the only couple has been Grey and Mica. Simon and Michael will be the second couple in the series. They are my favorite so far, but I do love Grey and Mica. **HUGS**,

      Delete
  2. First Mermen then fireman. I'm expanding my horizons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Solaria! It's a lot of fun meeting all these different kinds of characters, isn't it? **HUGS**

      Delete
  3. Thank you, Jase! Kari, I know my favorite couple for the series, so far, is Simon and Michael. I am quickly falling love with Aaron though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Draven!! I love this series and can't wait to read more! **HUGS**

      Delete
  4. I can't wait for this next in the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither can I, Laurie! Love this series! Thanks for stopping by! **HUGS**

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I think you'll really love it, Sandy!! Thanks for coming! **HUGS**

      Delete
  6. Thanks for this post, Jase! I just picked up Grey's Hidden Fire and Fire and Mistletoe. Can't wait to read them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Sharon!! I really think you'll like them! They're sexy good fun!! **HUGS**

      Delete
    2. Jase, I just finished Grey's Hidden Fire. LOVED it!
      Now, on to Fire and Mistletoe.

      **HUGS**

      Delete
  7. I keep coming back to your blog to see if there's anything new here, because I love looking at it so much. It is so pretty, very restful for the eyes, and there are lots of fun things to read. I'm silly impressed!
    Love, love, love

    ReplyDelete