Sunday, May 11, 2014

Forgiveness




Forgiveness
 
 
 
     I know this seems like what could be a strange topic, but I felt it was necessary for me to discuss this. When I say "forgiveness", I'm not talking about forgiving others. I'm talking about forgiving yourself. Or more accurately, forgiving myself. I guess this would make more sense to you if I explain. You see, I've been really rough on myself. When I don't accomplish the things that I want to, I'm constantly putting myself down. I call myself names and beat myself up. Not literally. Although sometimes it does feel that way!
 
     When I started this blog, I had so many ideas as to what I wanted this to be. I just didn't think about how to accomplish all of them. This caused a bit of a panic in me. How do I do this without letting myself and all my friends down? What if I make a complete fool of myself and this turns into a disaster? The whole time these thoughts were running through my head, I was not taking care of my blog. And of course, when I thought of my blog sitting idle, I made things worse by telling myself I was an idiot. And to make it even more fun, I didn't notice how bad it had become. It had, in fact, become an automatic reaction to put myself down. It wasn't until recently I realized just what was going on. And a little longer to give myself a swift kick in the rear and deal with it.
 
     That brings me back to the subject of "forgiveness". When I decided to deal with my issues, I realized I had to forgive myself in order to move on. And that means accepting that it's ok to have doubts and feel uncertain about things. I don't need to beat myself up over it. I can forgive myself for not getting everything done that I want or need to do. Sometimes things do happen that will get in the way. That includes thoughts. Now this realization didn't come without help. It came about because of a conversation about self bullying with some very dear friends. This conversation stayed with me all night and I realized that the reason it did was because I was a bit guilty of that. So now, here I am. Ready to forgive myself and get things done that I have always want and need to do. And I hope that if you find yourselves in a similar situation, you will forgive yourself. Because you deserve it! **HUGS**

10 comments:

  1. You are beautiful, Jase.
    So glad you forgive yourself for being human.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna!! I'm so lucky to have such am amazing friend in my life! Love you too!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this post. Believe it or not, I do the same thing when I feel overwhelmed. It's hard not to belittle yourself sometimes. But you, my very brave friend, are strong enough to put your feelings out there. For me, that's what I love about blogs in general. Thank you Jase! ❤️ And {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kari!! It was a bit frightening to put my feelings out there, but I'm so glad I did! You're such an incredible person and I hope you know and remember that! **HUGS**

      Delete
  3. I love your blog and you! You are great person Jase and an awesome Uncle. You are special to people. So I have to say this, STOP BEING MEAN TO MY JASE! I sometimes need that very same reminder. :) But you are a little farther then me, I'm still working on forgiving myself. As for this blog, I love it! It's just another way for me to communicate with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kell Ryder!!! Having you in my life is such a blessing!! Because of you, I'm inspired to be a better person. So with lots of love I say, STOP BEING MEAN TO MY KELL RYDER!!!! You're the bestest Nephew a guy could ask for!!! I love you!!! **HUGS**

      Delete
  4. Firstly *huggles Jase * secondly thank you for sharing this. It's so easy to fall into this trap. I'm so happy you are managing to crawl out. I just wish you could see yourself through our eyes <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deeze!!! It's been quite a learning experience. But definitely worth it! Thank you for being my friend!! I'm very lucky to have you in my world! **HUGS** <3

      Delete
  5. Hi Jase.
    I think it's easier to blame ourselves for anything that's not right. I do this also. I'm so much demanding of myself than I'm from others. But as Anna said, were nothing but human and allowed to make mistakes and to forgave yourself. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claudia! Thank you for taking the time to visit! And you're so right!! I think we always feel like we need to be and do more. But we are only human and can only do our best. Being able to forgive ourselves is so important to our well being. **HUGS**

      Delete