Saturday, October 18, 2014

I'm Back!!

 
 


I'm Back!!
 
 
 
     Hey everyone! I'm back! Sorry for the long pause between posts. Things have been...well...they've been. I think I'll leave it at that. And when I was trying to figure out what to write about, my mind went blank. I don't want to bore you with a stupid post. Soooo after some thought, I decided to write about my memories of Autumn. Kind of a "what Autumn means to me" thing. I hope you don't mind.
 
     As many of you know, I grew up on a military base in Germany. A town just outside Stuttgart called Vaihingen. It's in the southwest of Germany. It's a beautiful part of the country. And in the Autumn, the trees would be full of beautiful color. Reds, golds, yellows, and browns. All rich and vibrant. The air would crisp and clean with a bit of chill to it that made you feel so ALIVE!! It was like walking into a photograph done by an acclaimed photographer from a book about the best of Autumn . Almost a magical experience.
 
 


 
 
    No, this isn't one of my pictures. I still haven't digitalized all my photos. This is just a pic I love that really reminds me of Germany. Just off the base was a forest full of walking/hiking trails that surrounded a lake. I loved walking them. I would be out there for hours just enjoying the sights. I never did explore all the trails. I kind of wish I had. And when I would get home, there was hot cider, tea, or cocoa. One of my favorite thinks to drink was and is hot spiced orange juice. Put in some cinnamon and ginger and let it heat up to the point where it was ready to boil. You never let it boil. It  ruins the flavor. BLECH!!!
 
     It isn't just the the sights of Autumn, it's also the sounds. Autumn means high school football. I could hear the spectators cheering, the whistles of the referees, and most importantly for me...the marching band. While I can appreciate football, I'm not the biggest fan. I loved the music. Watching the band perform their routines on the field at halftime, playing the fight song and other pieces of music to spur on the team and fans. All of that was exciting to me. Autumn means marching band season. And I was a member all through high school. I was even a Drum Major in my junior year.




 
 
     Yes, that is me in my marching band uniform. We had white feathers that wrapped around the back and sides of the hat. When it was rainy, we removed them so they weren't destroyed. And yes, I played the flute. I still do. This picture is from my freshman year. Don't ask me if the team won. I don't know. I didn't pay enough attention. LOL!! I do remember loving every minute of being out there. :)
 
    So these are just some of the memories that I have when Autumn comes. It really is one of my two favorite seasons. The other being winter. But I'll get to that later. That is if you don't mind. I hope I haven't bored you too much with this post. If I have, I'm sorry! Soooo, as I close this post I'll leave you with two questions. What memories come to mind when Autumn arrives? Should I continue doing some posts like this? (Do you find them boring and prefer I stick to other less personal things?) OK. I guess that's technically three questions. LOL!! In the meantime, I will try to be much better about keeping up with my posting. I hope you are all having a wonderful day! Love you!! **HUGS** <3

13 comments:

  1. Hi Jase! Welcome back! Great post. I love autumn. It's my favorite season.

    **big hugs**
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon!!! Thanks! It's such an amazing season. Especially in New England! **HUGS**

      Delete
  2. Good to see you again Jase :P

    I love your posts but ones like this are my favorite. It means I get to know you just a little more so I say Keep em coming they are certainly not boring, in fact I doubt you could be boring if you tried <3

    Autumn for me brings back memories of making houses out of fallen leaves. OK not houses as such but we used the fallen leaves to mark out the out lines where the walls would be in our houses :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Deeze!!! It's good to be back. I've missed doing these. And thank you!! I always get nervous that people are going to think, "Why is he writing about this boring junk?". LOL!!! I love that you built houses out of the leaves!!! That's such a cool idea!! I need to do that with my nieces! **HUGS**

      Delete
  3. I love this post! I feel like even many, MANY miles away, I still get to know you. We talk a lot about me, but I really like learning about my peeps. I really loved the picture of you! <3 Thanks for the awesome post, and I truly hope you life gets easier for you.
    <3 Timmy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nephew Timmy!!! Thank you! I'm glad you liked it. I was worried everyone would be bored by it. I'm not as interesting as you are so I'm glad you weren't bored! :) It's funny to look at that picture now. It brings back so many memories. I was only 14 when it was taken. Life isn't bad. It's just crazy, but it's calming down quite a bit. I do plan to keep up with the blog posting so if you have any ideas for posts, please let me know!! I'd love to hear them!! Love you!!! **HUGE HUGS** <3

      Delete
  4. This was a most excellent post! Please stop saying that you are boring, you are the finest Jase I have ever met.
    Autumn is a magic season. It is when you can harvest all you sowed in Spring and Summer. The colors are moving into warm reds and browns, and you enjoy them so much, because soon, soon, it will all turn colder, paler, bluer.
    Because Winter is at the door. Beautiful, cold, cleansing Winter.
    But let us enjoy the Autumn sun on our noses, the crisp air in our hair, and the promise of roasted chestnuts when we get home from the ride.
    I loved this post, Jase. I love to learn more about You.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Anna!! I'm so lucky to have such amazing friends. I love what you wrote. Autumn is a magic season full of bounty and change. There's so much to be seen and to do that we should enjoy every minute of it.
    I think I'll do more posts like this if no one minds. I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts. As I share, you do too and I learn more about all of you. **HUGS** <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. How can I be bored learning more about you, Jase? The fall photo is simply gorgeous! I absolutely love the colors of fall! It's as if nature is giving us warm, rich colors to sustain us through the harsh winter. Maybe someday you'll get to revisit Germany and go on that hike in the fall. ��

    I do enjoy football seasons, for both the football and the band. I was not in the band in high school but all my friends were! So I always say next to the band during games. My sophomore year, our high school won the state championship so that was exciting. When I was at Rice University, the half time band performances were the highlight of the entire season and the Marching Owl Band (the MOB), all ran into formation, not march! It was fun! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a colorful post! Love Autumn ... crisp cold apples ... warm apple cider ... pork chops stuffed with apples ... and the great color Orange! Loved this post ... The beautiful pictures & sheer joy for the season! Keep writing ... loved reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post glad to see it.Cain't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We don't really have clearly defined seasons here, so Ioved reading about your memories in this post :-)

    ReplyDelete